IELA, the International Exhibition Logistics Association, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with SAACI, the Southern African Association for the Conference Industry. The MOU was signed by Mrs. Mariane Ewbank, IELA Board Member and former Chairwoman and Mr. Rudi van der Vyver, CEO of SAACI.
It is the intention of both parties to exchange information for the membership benefits and cross-promotion of both associations.
With the signed Memorandum of Understanding, the objectives and areas of cooperation will be:
- Joint promotion of both parties’ congress, forum, educational programmes in respective geographic locations, with the creation of new education and training opportunities for the benefit of the industry.
- Each party will offer members benefits to the other party
- Exchange of information, about respective events and programmes for cross marketing, and about workshops or sessions about the state of the industry in their respective area of expertise.
- Joint offerings, with special visibility on the respective website, periodic reports on the major developments in each organisation’s geographical market(s) and special offering for each other’s events.
The MOU is entered in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration as IELA seeks to play a pivotal role for the safety and security in the exhibition industry and is established as the key content provider for education and training programmes in the exhibition logistics industry.
The main priorities for 2018-2019 are:
- Education, labour and R&D
- Education and Training Programmes
- Improving security awareness in the event industry
Founded in 1987 by Keith McCusker, it is now the recognized professional association for the business events industry of Southern Africa. With over 1500 members, SAACI protects the integrity and professional image of the business events industry ensuring the industry gains the respect and admiration of the business leaders we serve.
The International Exhibition Logistics Association is the global industry network that provides top quality performance and expertise for the exhibition logistics. IELA is a worldwide trade association dedicated to enhancing the professionalism of the transportation logistics and freight handling segments of the exhibition & event industry. Currently IELA has 163 members and 29 affiliates in 54 countries.